The Institute for Restoration of Martian Audiograms (IRAM) works for 6 years now on the restoration and on the publication of the different fragments found and indexed.
The story of the martian audiograms are such a subject for fantasies that it will probably require a quick update on historic facts.
First discoveries go back to the 3rd wave of colonization. It is linked to a growing need for territory and constructions. These discoveries had a strong impact, especially within the civil society. It is indeed the time of creation of « Free Mars » (whose influence on the climate wars is well known), or the time where cases of « martian possessions » exploded.
Needless to say that within the scientific community, the origin of these artifacts was the subject of complex but also passionate debates. Anyway, it is also the time where archeological digs became compulsory.
This is where the audiograms come from. The subject of the audiograms is probably quite special. If the artifacts found in the digs fuel controversy, then what about audiograms ?
It is an understatement to say that these fragments origin is much discussed. Several major scientific theories have emerged.
We are going the review them quickly.
- « The protestors » dispute the origin of the fragments. They bring data supporting a fraud of earth origin, especially in the light of the political movement like the anti-terraforming movement. However, the martian digs processes are well documented.
- « The Martians » consider these are remains of a martian civilization, pre-human colonization. This theory is also supported by the study of other cultural artifacts found in the digs.
- « The Machinists » claim the fragments are not audiograms but effects generated by the devices supposed to read them. They have strong valid experiences of « interpretations » of earth crystals to support their claims.
- « The Xenists » consider these are the remains of a civilization, but not of martian origin. They have also strong valid points , especially in the chemical analysis showing elements not found on Mars.
There are others minor theories.
The work of the IRAM goes from our belief these are indeed audiograms. As such, they are for us relevant per se. The goal of the institute is then to produce the closest possible restorations.
The team is not only scientists, so our way or working is cultural as well as technical. Our choices may then be discussed as well.
Our working method is as following :
- Analysis of spectral content for pairing of similar sources, search for redundant sequences (i.e. fragments having parts found in other fragments).
- pairing (when justified) and restoration into one archives
- labeling of the archive and publication of archives with references to the original fragments with their official number.